Tuesday, December 28, 2010

If I had my life to live over, I would try to make more mistakes.
I would relax. I know of very few things that I would take seriously.
I would go more places. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less bran.

I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary troubles.
You see, I have been one of those fellows who live prudently and sanely, hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I have had my moments. But if I had it to do over again, I would have more of them – a lot more.

I would seek out more teachers who inspire relaxation and fun.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefooted a little earlier in the spring and stay that way a little later in the fall.
I would shoot more paper wads at my teachers.
I would keep later hours.

I’d have more sweethearts.
I would go to more circuses.
I would be carefree as long as I could, or at least until I got some care- instead of having my cares in advance.

I doubt, however, that I’ll do much damage with my creed.
The opposition is too strong.
There are too many serious people trying to get everybody else to be too darned serious.

1 comment:

Anubhav Jain said...

Well.... i would have only one word for it... its exceptionally written. Though, as the wise say, its never too late to start again... even the journey of a thousand mile start from a single step. So, take few baby steps at times and gradually, in the end, you will find what you are seeking for. Inner self satisfaction and relaxation. If you are happy with yourself, you are happy with the world and thats the way the cookie crumbles!

PEACE! - Anubhav J