Sunday, October 23, 2011

LET ME WALK ALONE.................


If only it were so simple,
To cruise through life smelling roses;
But the obstacles blacken the countryside,
And I unwittingly crush them beneath my boots.

Dreams sustain me through the madness;
Goals give a finish line to my race.
Yet they change with every turn, around every wall,
And remain elusive throughout the quest.

Mistakes are made, and regrets are my luggage;
I shall drag them with me to slow me down.
The victories are flashes of light, sudden and unlasting, which allow me
To glimpse the road ahead before darkness descends.

Love is sweet, and it is the bread that keeps me alive.
Over and over it fills me up,to live.........
The person whom I love shape my destinies and my strengths,
Yet leaves me( sometimes) cold and alone in the darkness.

There are others trying to race to the end;
Occasionally, I bump into one or two.
The bonds we form help us down the path less lonely
But eventually, I lose those friends in the darkness.

Alone is not a bad way to be;
It clears my head and focuses on the journey.
Cherish the short intervals during the quest I have with others,
But I am prepare to walk alone in the darkness..............
Will you come with me??????????

No comments: