Saturday, June 4, 2011

ALONE.................

Another day has passed to spend alone, I see, with just my memories for company.

Long hours to fill, an empty room, and sadness fills me as I roam.

I wander through the empty rooms, feel your presence…. Try to push away the gloom.

No one to share a word or joke, no one to hold my hands or hear a kind word spoke.

No one to share my thoughts…… So many things that were left unsaid.

Too much time to sit and think, too much time to sink,

Into hopelessness and pain…… If only I could have you back again.

There are two faces now to wear each day, two ways to live my life, it seems.

The outside world expects a smile, a pleasant face…. How’s your health and dreams?

I value every little word that’s said, they help to fill the empty spaces left ahead.

Then inside, all alone once more, I sit and watch the clock and door.

For time hangs so heavy now, and creases cover face and brow.

The phone sits silently and sulks, the mail box empty, walk, walk,

Around the room, do odd jobs, check the clock, then…. Oh god! Is it only half past two?(2AM)

I can't get the car out, drive, but where? It’s just as lonely everywhere.

People hurry by as if I don’t exist somehow, another lost face in the crowd.

Ah well, at last it’s time for bed, time to rest my aching head.

Another day looms up ahead, more hours to fill…. Fills me with dread!


No comments: