When her father had finished his prayers, Anu asked,
– Why do I feel so inferior? – I have faced death many times, have defended those who are weak.
I felt that my life had absolutely no importance whatsoever.
– Wait. Once i finish my work, I shall answer you.
Anu spent the time sitting on a chair , watching her father doing all his work,giving advises and suggestions those who seek .She saw how her father received them all with the same patience and the same illuminated smile on his face.
When everything had done, she demanded:
– Now can you tell me?
He invited her in and lead her to his room. The sun was shining in the sky, and the atmosphere was one of profound tranquility.
– Do you see the sun , how bright it is? It will cross the entire firmament, and tomorrow the sun will shine once again.
“But moonlight is much soothing, we can't see the details of the landscape around us: trees, mountains, clouds.But still the moon has its own charm."
“Have you ever heard the moon saying: why do I not shine like the sun? Is it because I am inferior?
– Of course not – answered Anu. – The moon and the sun are different things, each one has its own beauty. You cannot compare the two.
– So you know the answer. We all are two different people,the inner self and the outer self, each fighting in his/her own way for that which he/she believes, and making it possible to make the world a better place; the rest are mere appearances.