Friday, August 19, 2011

CALL ME BACK .......................


If you knew it would be the last time
That you would see me fall asleep,
would you tuck me in more tightly,
And pray the God my soul to keep?

If you knew it would be the last time
That you would see me walk out the door,
would you give me a hug and kiss,
And call me back for once more?

If you knew it would be the last time
you would hear my voice lifted up in praise,
would you video tape each action and word,
So you could play them back day after day?

If you knew it would be the last time,
could you spare an extra minute or two,
To stop and say "you love me,?"

But just in case you might be wrong,
And today is all you get,
Would you like to say how much you love me?

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
Young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
You get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
Why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
You'll surely regret the day.

That you didn't take that extra time
For a smile, a hug, or a kiss,
And you were too busy to grant her
What turned out to be her one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
And whisper in her ear,
That you love her very much, and
You'll always hold her dear.

Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
"Please forgive me," "thank you" or "it's okay".
And if tomorrow never comes,
You'll have no regrets about today.


No comments: